Monday, April 20, 2009

White Elephant

I went to the doctor's today and had this curious thought:

I am the white elephant. People don't believe that I exist, so much so that I've started to believe them. Now even if I fill up the whole room, I still can't believe that I'm there. There is no such thing as a white elephant, I've been told. They may be right, because I haven't seen any myself, except whenever I see myself. Even if I filled up the whole room, I still can't believe that I'm there, so why should they?

5 comments:

  1. But if your thoughts exist then so must you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This drawing is elegant and chilling because it looks identical to a friend from France!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This drawing is very sweet. It make me think about a Lewis Carroll's story. I like a lot the blue line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lily! who are you, by the way?
    -serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. really, Hobo D? who is it? this has happened to me before (where i've made portraits of people i've never met)
    -serene

    ReplyDelete